Lizzy11268

Callie Bates
Mississippi Blood
Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

Don't Look Back by Gregg Hurwitz - Review.

By Gregg Hurwitz Don't Look Back - Gregg Hurwitz

Publication Date: 25th September 2014

Source: Netgalley

After the breakup of her marriage, Evie takes the holiday of a lifetime. A few weeks of hiking, rafting and jungle adventure at an eco-lodge in Mexico sound ideal. But what should have been the perfect pick-me-up soon turns into a nightmare. Nothing is quite what it seems. There are secrets hidden that can’t be allowed to leave their jungle hiding place. And which their keeper will kill to protect. If she is ever to see her son again, Evie will be forced to find reserves of strength, courage and ingenuity she never dreamt existed. Or die trying.

The one thing always guaranteed with Gregg Hurwitz is one heck of a rollercoaster reading ride – and Don’t Look Back is no exception to that rule, I read it fast and furiously, living every moment.

There are some REALLY excellent action scenes alongside some more reflective moments, the story is well told and utterly addictive as always and it had a haunting atmosphere – almost classic horror tale which then morphs into some thrills and spills that will keep you glued to the pages. Characterisation is of a high standard, Evie was a great main protagonist and the “bad guy” was superbly threatening. The setting was intriguing and well described so you could be right in each and every moment.

Overall then another spectacular thriller from Mr Hurwitz. Not my favourite of his, but another stonking good read. Highly Recommended for Thriller fans.

Happy Reading Folks!