Lizzy11268

Mississippi Blood
Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

Meeting Matt Haig...

So last night I fulfilled an absolute dream by finally meeting in person the guy that wrote "The Humans" the book that saved my life. He was fabulous. Spoke eloquently and openly about his depression problems, creativity, writing and many other subjects in a 90 minute "conversation"...then patiently signed many books and had a chat with everyone.

I was also lucky enough to go for a drink with him and a couple of others after the event, where unfortunately I got tongue tied and ridiculous because my brain kept yelling "You are in a room with Matt Haig!" and wouldnt shut up long enough for me to be coherent. He was a lovely guy though, maybe next time I'll be more sensible. And I would absolutely recommend hearing him speak if you get the chance, especially if you suffer depressive issues, he is a beacon of hope and encouragment to those trying desperately to survive such things.

I TOTALLY failed to get a picture of us together due to the whole incoherent thing, but I did manage a few rather shaky ones during the event itself. So you know, here you go :)