Lizzy11268

Callie Bates
Mississippi Blood
Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

Dear Daughter by Elizabeth Little - Review.

Dear Daughter - Elizabeth Little

Publication Date: 14th August 2014 from Harvill Secker.

Thank you to the author and publisher for the Advance Reading Copy.

‘As soon as they processed my release Noah and I hit the ground running. A change of clothes. A wig. An inconspicuous sedan. We doubled back once, twice, then drove south when we were really headed east. In San Francisco we had a girl who looked like me board a plane to Hawaii.
Oh, I thought I was so clever.
But you probably already know that I’m not.’

Oh I was SO excited for this one and it absolutely lived up to my expectation and then some.

I love a good twisty tale – yes I know you all know that – they are especially good when you have a feisty often unlikeable but eminently intriguing heroine that doesnt always get it right such as the wonderfully drawn Janie Jenkins. She drags you along in her wake as she tries to discover the truth about her mother and who might have killed her, and it all flows beautifully from the pen of Elizabeth Little in an addictive and terribly terrific way.

Janie Jenkins, Socialite, IT girl, was convicted of murdering her mother. Released on a technicality and stalked across the country by the tabloid press, she begins to discover that Dear Mother may not have been quite as she appeared. The story twists and turns as Janie meets some people from the past she never even knew existed and begins to unravel a web of deception.

This is not a unique story – in a lot of ways it is a classic “whodunnit” tale but done with such wit and exuberance that you can’t help but be involved every step of the way – hard to put aside and so superbly readable that you may find yourself multi-tasking (I apologise to the book for the odd cookery stain) if you love a good thrilling read you will devour this one in record time.

The characters all have depth and substance, the mystery element is intelligent and often unexpected and overall I would be more than happy to give this one a Highly Recommended tag most especially for lovers of all things crime and mystery.

Happy Reading Folks!