Lizzy11268

Callie Bates
Mississippi Blood
Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

Review catch up holiday reading: Infamous Reign by Steve McHugh.

Infamous Reign: A Hellequin Novella - Steve McHugh

Thank you kindly to Steve McHugh for sending me this and helping me with my chronic impatience.

In late 15th century England, two young princes are given over by Merlin to the protection of their uncle, King Richard III. They soon vanish from sight, igniting tales of their demise at Richard’s hand and breeding unrest throughout the land.
Nathanial Garrett, also known as Hellequin, is sent to London to decipher fact from rumor and uncovers a plot to replace the king. But his investigation quickly becomes personal when he learns that an old nemesis is involved. He soon finds himself racing against time to rescue the boys before their fate, and the fate of all England, is sealed in blood.

Oh how I love Nate Garrett so I was very much looking forward to this novella, a short but sweet addition to the Hellequin series.

As usual Mr McHugh weaves a magical tale blending myth, legend, history and fantasy with terrific effect. Taking the story of “The Princes in the Tower” as a backdrop and putting Nate Garret bang at the centre of it, this is a beautifully fast paced action driven instalment in Nate’s story.

If you are a fan of this series this will certainly wet the appetite for the next book. If you have yet to dip your toes into Nate’s world this is a gorgeous little taster for you that will have you rushing out to get the rest.

Happy Reading Folks!