Lizzy11268

Callie Bates
Mississippi Blood
Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com
Strange Shores (Reykjavik Murder Mystery, #11) - Arnaldur Indriðason, Victoria Cribb Thank you to the author, publisher and netgalley for the copy of this novel. A young woman walks into the frozen fjords of Iceland, never to be seen again. But Matthildur leaves in her wake rumours of lies, betrayal and revenge.Decades later, somewhere in the same wilderness, Detective Erlendur is on the hunt. He is looking for Matthildur but also for a long-lost brother, whose disappearance in a snow-storm when they were children has coloured his entire life. He is looking for answers. Right so I have come in at the end of this one so to speak! I was hunting around for books to try to expand my knowledge and experience of Nordic Fiction and this one sounded highly intriguing - not realising at the time that this was the finale to a long and much loved series, it made not one iota of difference to my enjoyment of this book and I will be heading back to read previous Erlendur tales as soon as time allows. It is a haunting story - the setting is wonderfully enigmatic if a setting could be described as such - and the journey that Detective Erlendur takes is a compelling one. A ghostly aura surrounds the fjords as he treks onwards and upwards in an effort to discover the truth - about Matthildur and also what happened on that long ago day that his brother was lost....Having not read any of this authors previous works, I have to say that if this is the standard of all his novels then I am in for a treat indeed. I'm not sure of course if the story involving his brother has been an ongoing part of his background, and in order to remain spoiler free I will not be saying much more, but I was entrhalled and involved in this story from the outset and it kept me turning pages long into the night..If you are a lover of this type of fiction you will adore this. I did. Very much looking forward to catching up... Happy Reading Folks!