Lizzy11268

bookbridgr.com

Shadow Rider...

Shadow Rider (The Shadow Series) - Christine Feehan

Hmm.

Ok so I quite enjoyed this but only in a very popcorn let's read something with not an awful lot of depth, I can't be bothered to think too much sort of way. With it's hot males and submissively cute females and an urban fantasy vibe (shadow walkers) it was perfectly readable stuff and there are some hot scenes in it, lots of flapping around being dramatic and it was great escapism.

The male lead stomps around being domineering, the woman he falls instantly in love with for no good reason whatsoever flaps around a bit pretending resistance but very shortly thereafter falls into his arms, mystery abounds, I kind of fell into this book then fell out of it again a bit bemused.

The writing is cool and immersive, if a little repetitive (yes I know her hair is lovely and lush and whatever but perhaps she should be more concerned with being told how to dress) and it was fun to pootle my way through it, this is a book that you read with chocolate and cupcakes.

Will I read the next in the series? Yes. Is it the best of this genre I've read? No.

But I liked it. Which may sound like damning with faint praise but is just exactly the truth.