Lizzy11268

Liz Loves Books.Com.

Find Her.

Find Her (D. D. Warren) - Lisa Gardner

A truly addictive read from the pen of Lisa Gardner here, an author I'm a huge fan of especially the Raine/Quincy novels (of which there is a new one coming YAY) Up until this point I had not been QUITE as enamoured of the DD Warren novels but for me Find Her brought this series into its own.

Tense, claustrophobic, a really serious page turner, Find Her has all the elements of a classic crime novel with added pizazz and some truly atmospheric and heart stopping writing. Flora Dane is a remarkable character, the descriptive sense of her was pitch perfect and her ordeal and life changing experience extraordinarily compelling.
I also felt a lot more connected to DD throughout this instalment, all of a sudden she clicked for me and I engaged fully with her and her life and background. Her frustrations with Flora here were my frustrations and the fact that she is not entirely up to par fitness wise only added to the overall sense of urgency that Lisa Gardner brings to this story.

In fact if you have not read this series before I would say this would be an excellent starting point - it may make you want to go backwards (and you'll enjoy the previous books too) but it will (almost) certainly make you want to move forwards, especially if you are a huge crime fan looking for your next fix.

I like a multi layered tale, a more than just the facts narrative and the exploration of victimology and the aftermath of trauma are done so well here, you can feel the emotional highs and lows, the author bringing a huge amount of authenticity to the tale. The victim advocate angle was great, Samuel Keynes being one of my favourite characters in this and I hope we get to meet him again.

Plenty of twists and turns, a thoughtful and considered underlying tone, taut plotting and a brilliantly focused finale means Find Her comes highly recommended from me.