Lizzy11268

Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

At Ropes End

At Rope's End: A Dr. James Verraday Mystery - Edward Kay

Enjoyed this read very much – it has all the elements that appeal to me, serial killer, psychologist and profiler (think Tony Hill but in Seattle and obviously a very different character) a decent police presence and a bang on story.

James Verraday is an intriguing guy to follow along with here, after a childhood tragedy that saw his distrust of law enforcement begin, he wouldn’t be your first choice to help out the police. But Maclean (also intriguing) thinks he can be useful and so it begins..

Mostly I loved that this fairly rocked along – I read it fast, the author has a great way of getting across details without fuss, the characters developed nicely along the way, the mystery element was clever and the psychological detail was fascinating. It is a simple page turner of the type that crime fans will love – it does exactly what it says on the tin with added extras.

A series I shall follow along with – recommended.