Lizzy11268

Mississippi Blood
Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

Saving Sophie...

Saving Sophie: A gripping psychological thriller with a brilliant twist - Sam Carrington

Saving Sophie is the type of psychological thriller that I love for an afternoons reading – fast paced, intriguing, devisive characters and a terrific mystery element.

I read it cover to cover in one go pretty much, totally immersed as Karen struggles with agrophobia whilst trying to work out if her daughter Sophie is in any real danger after a night out goes horribly wrong. There are plenty of twists and turns along the way, a fascinating look at family and friendship ties and a cleverly embedded whodunnit for you to get your brain around.

I can’t say I particularly liked any of the characters, but thats no bad thing – human beings are inherently selfish a lot of the time and it gives a touch of realism to a crime story. Whilst its not perfect (I did find it a little hard to swallow how long anyone took to tell the police something important that could save their lives and my little mobile phone bugbear turned up a couple of times) Saving Sophie is a blinder of a read in the addictive stakes and the conclusion was edge of seat good.

I also liked how Sam Carrington tackled agrophobia which is crippling, not allowing any sudden miracle cures which trust me I’ve seen in other books – in this one it is a mountain for Karen to climb if she IS to save Sophie, and speaks well to the underlying theme of how far would or could you go for the ones you love.

Overall a great read, certainly setting me up to read whatever comes next.

Recommended for fans of this genre.