Lizzy11268

Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

The Hive Construct.

The Hive Construct - Alexander Maskill

The Hive Construct is a well written and engaging scifi thriller, an intriguing mix of adventure and technology set in an imaginative world of political shenanigans.

Multiple points of view but grounded by protagonist Zala, a colourful and interesting character who has been exiled due to her Father, but who returns to New Cairo upon the death of a friend with the intention of finding out what is causing the virus that is decimating the population.

I really enjoyed this it has to be said – the scientific elements are really compelling, I am a bit of a sucker for a good hacker story and on top of that we have a rebellion and a political landscape that is well drawn and absorbing.

It is the story of a city in turmoil, the author does a good job of blurring the lines between right and wrong – some interesting and thought provoking concepts of class divide but all mixed up in plenty of action and twists and turns. Overall a really great read, absolutely riveting in places and full of fascinating characters all with different agenda’s.

I will look forward to more from this author.

Happy Reading Folks!