Lizzy11268

Callie Bates
Mississippi Blood
Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

Dust. Not much more than dust inside it either.

Dust - Patricia Cornwell

I had written a full review for one of the previous Scarpetta books explaining why, after so many years of loving them I had finally, reluctantly decided to give up so I won't go into all that again. I was persuaded back into Dust by someone who told me the series had picked up and was looking more like itself.

To be clear the rating I have given this one is based on the first quarter of the book only - at which point I just lost the will to live and (reluctantly again) put it aside.

The star is for the idea of the plot which could have been brilliant. The trouble is the prose - repetitive, rambling and just for gods sake get to the point. And seriously the Marino/Scarpetta thing is beyond ridiculous now. The characters are all caricature, Scarpetta is a shadow of her former self and no longer has any redeeming qualities for me as a reader. Frankly I just want to slap her.

Never again.