Lizzy11268

Callie Bates
Mississippi Blood
Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

Asking For It. Should be required reading.

Asking for it - Louise T. O'Neill

Full and frank review to follow - for now I'll copy you my current FB status.

I have to say. If you are a young adult of either gender. If you are the parent of a young adult of either gender. If you are GOING to be the parent of a young adult. Or if you were one yourself once (I think that covers pretty much everyone) then you should consider reading this novel.

First of all it disects with brutal reality some of the harsher truths of life in this social media age. It takes apart with the unrelenting force of words the lies that society can tell itself.

If you have EVER seen a girl walking down the street in a short skirt and considered even for a second that she was perhaps something like the title of this novel then you should DEFINITELY read this book.

One of the toughest reads of my life, but done in a brilliant, insightful and utterly compelling fashion, I'll apologise in advance for the amount of time I'm going to spend throwing it at people when it comes out in September. Yes. I'm looking at YOU.