Lizzy11268

Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls - Review

Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls - Lynn Weingarten

I have just finished this novel and all I can say is what the holy heck? The whole thing was addictively brilliant but THAT ENDING OH MY! I am not entirely sure what I'm feeling right now but that was powerful powerful stuff.

June's best friend has committed suicide. They had drifted apart in the months leading up to the tragedy and June is struggling with survivor guilt. However things are strange - and lead her to believe that perhaps this is not as straightforward as it seems. Did Delia really kill herself? Or did someone help her along the way...

Ok so basically what you have here is a brilliantly complex but eminently readable mystery story, with a central character at the heart of it who is enigmatic, superbly drawn, difficult to get a handle on and so deeply fascinating that I will never forget her. Secondly you have a beautifully written and emotionally resonant story of one girl and her search for the truth.

This book WILL mess with your head, in the best way, as the twists and turns and "oh my gosh" moments come thick and fast - but never ever does the author allow this to detract from the character driven heart of this story which is one of deep seated friendships and the things that both drive us apart and keep us together. It is a tale of psychological depth which is also a heart stopping thrill ride of the highest order.

About 3/4 of the way through my head was almost exploding as June gets shock after shock, Lynn Weingarten puts the pressure on in a gorgeously written style that hits you BAM, right in the guts. I had no idea where this was going ultimately, as we headed into THAT finish, I was agog, I could not turn the pages fast enough.

A powerhouse of a novel that will leave you speechless.

Highly Recommended