Lizzy11268

Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

Cold Moon - Review.

Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers) - Alexandra Sokoloff

Words really can't express how much I'm enjoying this series - seriously addictive, most terrific storytelling and a real dark side that appeals.

So this is the third novel to feature the serial killer who isn't, Cara Lindstrom and her befuddled would be captor Agent Roarke. In this instalment Cara is in jail but of course this is Cara we are talking about so how long she is likely to be there remains to be seen. Roarke meanwhile still fights his inner demons and considers crossing some more lines as he heads into another emotive case.

Cold Moon delves yet deeper into the underbelly of society, dealing as it does with the world of pimps, child prostitution and kidnapping - Alexandra Sokoloff has a real feel for her subject matter, a depth of perception that comes across so well in the thoughts and actions of her characters and the consequences that follow. As I said in my review of book 2, redefining the serial killer genre is no easy task, to do it as well as sending a strong moral message is even harder and yet that is exactly what happens within the narrative of all the huntress/FBI Thrillers.

There is also a beautifully constructed mythology developing here just below the surface of obvious - most especially within Cara's view of the world and her redefining of evil. What it is, what it means. She is the very definition of a strong female lead - yet she is not the heroine. Or is she? Therein lies the real addictive quality of this series - almost every character walks a very fine line.

I honestly think these are superb. Getting better if anything with each new story, I am utterly entranced by this world and the people in it - authentic and downright scary if you think too deeply about it,I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Happy Reading Folks!