Lizzy11268

Callie Bates
Mississippi Blood
Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

No Tomorrow (Better Off Dead - UK Title) Review.

No Tomorrow - Tom Wood

Publication Date: Available now from Sphere

Source: Purchased Copy

Victor is the face in the crowd you don't see, a perfect assassin with nothing to live for.
But when an old friend turns to him for help, he finds he can't refuse. For once his objective isn't to kill, but to protect.
Hunted through the streets of London by ruthless enemies, Victor needs to be more than just a bodyguard... but his every move leads danger closer to the very person he's vowed to defend.

Oh I do love a bit of Victor. My favourite fictional anti-hero in a lot of ways, I never fail to enjoy these, this series is probably the most satisfying thriller series out there at the moment.

Anyway we are onto book 4 already, in this instalment Victor turns from death to life in an attempt to protect the daughter of an old "friend" - not really Victor's thing but hey, needs must and all that and he does have his own peculiarly ingrained sense of honour and rather eclectic loyalties - all of which help to make him as fascinating as he is.

As ever terrifically well constructed and a real rollercoaster read, Victor has his work cut out for him here, facing enemies old and new and trying to stay one step ahead of the game. I do love how Tom Wood manages to portray Victor as both completely free of emotion whilst at the same time chock full of the stuff - he is a great yin v yang of a character who will utterly engage you to the point that it often doesnt matter what is going on around him.

This particular story had a most satisfying start and an ending that made me quietly smile, the main portion in the middle is brilliantly paced and genuinely earns its "Thriller" tag and I enjoyed it just as much, if not more, than I have all the others.

Highly Recommended for Thriller fans. (Start with The Hunter if this is your first foray into these)

Happy Reading Folks!