Lizzy11268

You Belong to Me - Review

You Belong to Me - Samantha Hayes

Publication Date: 12th March 2015 from Randomhouse UK Cornerstone

Source: Netgalley

Isabel left England to escape her past. For the first time in months, she’s beginning to feel safe. But then a letter shatters her world once more as she learns of her parents’ death in a car crash. Reluctantly she returns home, unable to shake off the feeling she’s being watched but determined not to let fear rule her life any more.
DI Lorraine Fisher is in the middle of a big murder case — a serial killer is preying on young women. And it seems they had all complained of being stalked. She too is convinced she’s being watched.
Are both women victims of their own imagination or is someone out there watching and waiting? And will one of them be next?

I’ve read previous novels from this author and have always very much enjoyed them – but I have to say with “You Belong to Me” I think the ante has been upped considerably – I ADORED it, could not put it down, it was terribly addictive and every time I thought I could pop it aside for a moment and do some housework or something, Ms Hayes would pop another humdinger happening in there and onwards I went…

We meet Isabel, hiding away in India from what we are not sure, when she receives some horrific news which forces her back to England. Meanwhile, Lorraine Fisher is suffering anxiety from a previous case and also feeling the pressure of a new one. Told from several points of view over time, a picture begins to develop of a dark and twisted mind…

Very clever writing here, drawing you into Isobel’s world – a sinister place to be as we discover what exactly she has been running from. Some terrific psychological insight to be had into all the characters – plus some deliciously enticing twists and turns and a very real sense of menace – making this a top notch psychological thriller.

It definitely crept up on me – perhaps not one I should have been reading as darkness fell due to the fact that it is really very authentic, with events being entirely possible. A constant need to look over my shoulder developed and for me, that is the sign of a really engrossing and captivating story. So this absolutely comes Highly Recommended from me – most especially for those readers who enjoy a tense read with a twist in the tale.

Happy Reading Folks!