Lizzy11268

Callie Bates
Mississippi Blood
Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

Disclaimer by Renee knight - Review.

Disclaimer: A Novel - Renée Knight

Publication Date: April 9th 2015 from Transworld.

Source: Netgalley

Finding a mysterious novel at her bedside plunges documentary filmmaker Catherine Ravenscroft into a living nightmare. Though ostensibly fiction, The Perfect Stranger recreates in vivid, unmistakable detail the terrible day she became hostage to a dark secret, a secret that only one other person knew—and that person is dead.
Now that the past is catching up with her, Catherine’s world is falling apart. Her only hope is to confront what really happened on that awful day . . . even if the shocking truth might destroy her.

I loved this atmospheric, beautifully written novel, a real page turner and an intriguing and often twisty plot with some terrifically well drawn characters.

2015 is turning into another great year for books, most especially debuts and this one is definitely going to be somewhere near the top of the favourites list come the end of the year - I was totally absorbed into the story and loved the emotion of it as much as the mystery element. A tale of two halves as we follow along with Catherine, who mysteriously finds a book by her bedside, a seemingly fictional tale but one that hits very close to home. Opposite her is Stephen, a grieving husband who has his own story to tell. As things ebb and flow you are never sure who you should be sympathising with - and there are many secrets to be revealed.

I am a fan of a good psychological thriller and this hit that mark as well, plus there is a great family drama to be had here with some emotional and intense themes that drive the narrative in a most fascinating way - I was utterly engaged with both Catherine and Stephen, their lives and their personal relationships and as it becomes obvious that not everything is clear cut, it is addictive stuff for sure.

Definitely highly recommended - a fuller review will appear upon release.

Happy Reading Folks!