Lizzy11268

Callie Bates
Mississippi Blood
Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

Gone by Rebecca Muddiman - Review.

Gone - Rebecca Muddiman

Publication Date: 15th January from Mulholland Books.

Source: Bookbridgr

250,000 people go missing in the UK every year. 91% of those reported to police are found within 48 hours. 99% of cases are solved within a year. And 1% stay gone. 11 years ago, troubled teenager Emma Thorley went missing. The police assumed she was a runaway. But now a body has been found in woods near Blyth. DI Michael Gardner knows he didn't take Emma's disappearance seriously enough back then, and is determined to make up for it now. But when he and DS Nicola Freeman start to reinvestigate, they discover that nothing is as simple as it seems.

An extremely clever and addictive mystery story to be found here, another great crime novel and it kept me on my toes throughout. I have been lucky lately to find a lot of new crime novels, one of my favourite genres - this is a top notch addition to my must read authors list.

Some brilliantly drawn characters lead us along - the most fascinating of which is one Lucas Yates, someone who has a past with missing teen Emma Thorley - now presumed dead - and who was not that fond of her. Then we have DI Michael Gardner, a man haunted by his past when it comes to his present colleague relationships, with the sense that he did not do the search for Emma justice at the time of her disappearance. These two very different but equally compelling characters made this book for me - I was eager to find out the outcome for both.

The mystery element is beautifully imagined and very well constructed - as the story ebbs and flows there are some great twists and turns and Rebecca Muddiman has a great turn of phrase and descriptive prose that keeps you deep into the story throughout.

Overall then highly recommended for Crime Fiction fans, an excellent addition to my list of author favourites.

Happy Reading Folks!