Lizzy11268

Callie Bates
Mississippi Blood
Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

Emancipated by M G Reyes - Review.

Emancipated - M. G. Reyes

Publication Date: May 2015 from Katherine Tegan Books

Source: Author Review Copy.

The good girl, the bad boy, the diva, the hustler, the rock star, and the nerd. Six teens legally liberated from parental control for six different reasons, all with one thing in common: something to hide.
Now they’re sharing a house in Venice Beach, acting like a family, and living their lies. No parents. No limits. No alibis. One witnessed a crime, another might be a murderer—and one’s been spying on them all.

Interesting and intriguing tale this one - a mix of teen drama and mystery it was very readable and often compelling.

An eclectic mix of kids share a house, all emancipated from their parents and responsible for themselves for varying reasons, on the surface they are pretty normal teenagers. Underneath though they all hide secrets and not everything will go to plan.

There is a lovely flowing style to the narrative and I was engaged with every one of the characters - the underlying mystery is well drawn, I loved the ebb and flow of the relationships within the house and the underlying sense of dread that something bad is coming for at least one and maybe all of them.

It is sort of "glossy" I can easily imagine this as one of those extremely popular teen television shows, the story lends itself well to adaptation, but is still written as a darn good yarn that will keep you turning the pages.

Overall a great read  - and it seems there is more to come for this bunch of teens and I for one will look forward to catching up with them.

Happy Reading Folks!