Lizzy11268

Callie Bates
Mississippi Blood
Greg Iles
bookbridgr.com

Deviation by Heather Hildenbrand - Review.

Deviation (Imitation Book 2) - Heather Hildenbrand

Publication Date: 30th December 2014 from Alloy

Source: Netgalley

Until a month ago, eighteen-year-old Ven had never set foot outside the windowless warehouse where she was created. An Imitation of Raven Rogen, Ven spent her days confined in the lab, studying videos of her Authentic, all so she could step into Raven’s life at a moment’s notice. Now, Ven lives in Raven’s penthouse apartment, kisses Raven’s boyfriend, and obeys every order from Raven’s dad, Titus Rogen—the very man who created her. But Ven has a secret plan. She doesn’t want Raven’s life. She wants her own.

So the second book in the Imitation series – I adored the first one it was such a fun yet often emotive read and Ven was a character I fell in love with – so I was very much looking forward to this one and it did not disappoint.

Ven is now living as Raven, seemingly co-operating with Titus but secretly seeking to undermine him and everything he stands for. Walking a tightrope, facing danger at every turn, this is compelling stuff as she tries to change a world, find her sense of self and keep her relationships on the straight and narrow.

It is an interesting mythology that Heather Hildenbrand has created here – and with part two she has extended and added new depth to it as characters old and new come to the forefront, each with their own agenda, the interpersonal relationships are brilliantly drawn and some intriguing and fascinating themes are explored here, overall it is a tremendously good read.

As things twist and turn towards a conclusion that literally made me yell out loud, darn it, the whole thing is engaging on several levels, very well written and if you are a fan of YA Dystopia I would highly recommend you give these a go. I will have to have words with the author though – you really SHOULDNT do that to me. Especially when the next book seems so very far away. Sob.

Happy Reading Folks!